View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #41 (permalink)
matttye

Device(s): Apple iPhone 5 64GB (iOS 6.0.1), Apple iPad 2 16GB (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
I think Google timed this in part to stunt the thunder of the SG3. Now that Google owns Motorola, they do not want an OEM getting too big for their pants. Looks at all the talk now, "Eeeew, the SG3 has the ancient ICS, eeeeeewww!".

Nope, Google be playin' chess here and just popped their knight out on Samsung. The supply issues of making 28nm chips and now Jelly Bean and the Nexus 7 (and it's evil intentions lack of micro sd) are all part of a big game of strategy.

Apple applauds Google, since this only helps Apple. Sure, Google is also looking at iOS 6 coming out, but the media already had a standard of ICS they were comparing in a favorable light.

Added: Now that I see the trend of Nexus devices not having SD cards and low storage space (for obvious reasons), I think Google's Nexus products are balls.

BTW, ICS on the Razr ROCKS, so expect even better on the SG3. I do not like jelly beans as candy and can wait on the OS.
No.

Google benefits from every Android handset sale that has Google apps, which the S3 happens to be one of. Why would they try to stunt sales?

Other than the fact that Google io usually runs in May there's nothing out of the ordinary.