View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #821 (permalink)
dme75

Device(s): MetroPCS Huawei Ascend M860 Froyo 2.2.2 (Rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Phone rom and ram memory!

Hi all!

I feel so dumb for not looking up forums like this sooner since I've had this phone for over a year now. I have been tired of how slow my phone worked with its 600MHz processor. I used a program called Unlock Root and after a little struggle actually getting the program (I had to Google it because the maker's website always had errors for the download link), and getting it to recognize my phone, I have been rooted.
I have been happily deleting away all the bloatware crap by using Root Explorer that would infuriate me with taking up the valuable majority of 167MB of phone storate space thanks to posts from people like Tokenpoke and Jazziette. I love Root Explorer. It likes to crash though when you want it to do extensive big things, and then it's hard to launch again sometimes!

I'm currently sitting at 113MB/167MB of Internal
My RAM is always hovering around 30-40MB free, of 178MB

My issues are those stats!

The Huawei website says these phones are supposed to come with FAR MORE memory capacities! It says 256MB RAM and 512MB Flash Memory for the M860! How did MetroPCS throttle my memory capacities to 178MB and 167MB respectively?

Is it possible to modify a file(s) using Root Explorer to "Unlock" them and get the full capacities back?

Thanks for any help!