View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Shabbychic24

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highenemy View Post
i have a Samsung galaxy s2 and my screen also lights up randomly.i think i figured it out.it definitely has to do with the red light next to the front facing camera,i dont know about the rest of you but my phone has one,after putting the phone on stand by from the power button by just pressing it once to shut screen,not hold to fully shutdown.
put your thumb over the small red light and you will see that the screen lights up and do it again and it will close.i did it like that and it hasnt lit up alone again.try it,it might work for you..its the Proximity sensor and once you run many apps later,it will do it again and you must cover the red light with your thumb again.it hasnt lit up with me from the time i did this.even after i ran other apps.it doesn't light up anymore (on its own) to the point that its making me worry
i hope this has been helpful to any of you.

Hi i want to try that, but I can't find the red light next to the front camera. Mine is samsung galaxy note.. but in the front cam, there are two circles and 1 oblong shape hole. Definitely the bigger circle is the front camera.. I don't know which one is the sensor from the rest.. pls help, coz i think it make sense...