View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 05:09 AM   #1382 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,778 Times in 4,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrott View Post
I am having trouble getting the zergrush tool from xda keep getting explorer cant display website requires me to login??
the newest zergrush tool is included in the mini-adb_inc download in the OP. along with the newest clockwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoebusNet View Post
Now that I've upgraded to a 4G phone to save my unlimited data & hotspot, my old Incredible is available to experiment with root (always too cowardly before). I use the Incredible on WiFi-only.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, but all of the instructions I've read seem to be Windows-centric. I am definitely not any kind of Ubuntu expert, but I can follow directions and cut-and-paste in Terminal.

Do you have any recommendations for where I can find clear directions to root my Gingerbread Incredible using Ubuntu?

TIA
sorry,there is no specific guide that i know of. there are several generic writeups on getting adb working on ubuntu,and then a little bit of research on wether or not any commands need modded.

only prollem is that youll then be stuck with zergrush or htcdev,if that matters,as i do not believe we have a linux version of unrevoked 3.22

you could try sending this guy a message,looks like he used ubuntu. he may have some advice for you for getting it working: [How To] Root 2.3.4/downgrade and Get S-off
donate to my device fund