View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM   #43 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaone View Post
Hi

Im new so go easy :-)

I have a Galaxy s 3, love the phone but ive noticed something odd, when Im in the text application I cant use the voice to text facility. I press the button and it just says connection error. I can use it on wifi but not 3g.

Any ideas as to what this could be???

Love the site btw
I can't confirm this myself, but I'd imagine that your carrier has some sort of proxy that is preventing voice actions to work on particular ports. I would try calling their customer support to see if they are blocking any ports that voice actions would be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm15 View Post
Hi. I have been trying to turn off the text to email function as with one of the other posters. I followed the instructions to open sync options in my email account, buti did not see an option to turn off syncing with SMS. I hope I'm not being stupid, but can someone suggest another option? Thanks!
Could you link that thread? I would imagine the feature would be in the Messaging App that you could uncheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo1878 View Post
Hi

My text / email icons are showing unread items yet the only way i can find around this is to restart the phone. Googled it and it seems i'm not the only one. (in fact my wife has the same phone and has the same issue)

Thoughts?
Try clearing the data on your text / email applications. The way you do this is go to Settings > Application Manager > All tab > (email / text app) > clear data. It resets the app and should work properly after that.