View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:51 AM   #317 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite1 View Post
There is an option to buy out the rest of your contract and get a reset on your upgrade. I can't remember where I read it, but it couldn't have been more than a few weeks ago. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

EDIT:
Found it.

It was from ISN in one of the email notifications I was getting from his site. New program is like this:

Advanced Devices
09-11 mos. RLOF: $275 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY275
12-14 mos. RLOF: $225 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY225
15-17 mos. RLOF: $175 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY175
18-21 mos. RLOF: $100 UPGRADENOW; CSM charge code: BUY100

The month listed is the amount of time you've been on your contract. So if you've been on for 6 months, you'll pay $275 + $199.99 to get the El TEvo = $474.99 which isn't that much less than just getting it outright. That is of course the worst case scenerio.
You are probably in a better position, so you'll need to decide what you're willing to pay, and how much time you want to spend talking to customer service.

Just a heads up..the upgrade now does not apply to all subscribers, it is hit or miss and will show up for the retailer if the subscriber is eligible...it also REQUIRES that Sprint buyback the old device attached to that number