View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
hexon

Device(s): Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
If you find a suspicious-looking mole and want to see a dermatologist, you can expect an average wait of 38 days in the U.S., and up to 73 days if you live in Boston, according to researchers at the University of California at San Francisco who studied the matter. Got a knee injury? A 2004 survey by medical recruitment firm Merritt, Hawkins & Associates found the average time needed to see an orthopedic surgeon ranges from 8 days in Atlanta to 43 days in Los Angeles. Nationwide, the average is 17 days.
Odd, if I have a strange mole or want to go in for acne problems I call and make an appointment with my dermatologist office and can get in the next week, if not sooner. When I thought I broke my wrist on a weekend snowboarding trip, I decided to forgo the long wait at the hospital ER and I made an appointment with my orthopedic doctor, who is an ortho surgeon, that monday (that's 2 days since they weren't open on the weekend). When I get sick I normally just go to after-hour clinics. When I have problems that can wait a day or so I normally call up my family doctor and get seen within 3 days depending on how flexible my schedule is for that week.
The Following User Says Thank You to hexon For This Useful Post:
pwabbit (March 25th, 2010)