View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #188 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenard The Pig View Post
Great Guide. Would like to just clarify before I take the big step. Ive got 3.0.15-i9100xwLP7-CL340913 DPI@DELL134#3 on my handset. Im thinking i need CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5.zip as it has LP7 and XW in the name. Is this correct of is there something more relevant. Ps, which virus apps actually work on Android as i hears theres a new Android botnet..
Hello and welcome to Android Forums, (The Asylum), Lenard The Pig!

Your choice of kernel is spot on.

As for an Android antivirus software, personally, I don't use one as I believe that the best way of protecting yourself is by not being stupid. By that I mean that if you follow the guidelines laid down in this post you are pretty much covered.

Even the best Android antivirus software is no guarantee I'm afraid and could lull you into a false sense of security. Besides, being rooted means that you can have nandroid and Titanium backups that you can revert to easily, see post #2.

Having said that, I know that some of my colleagues on here use an antivirus software and three spring to mind...

Avast Mobile Security free.

AVG Antivirus free. The Pro version is 6.30p.

F-Secure Mobile Security 8

See, also:-

Group test: what's the best Android antivirus?

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS