View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #191 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,609 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflet27 View Post
I used the kernel below. Got it from the thread u linked

CF-Root Download
This is where the confusion begins...

That kernel is the XX OXX LPB for the Eastern European firmware that was released back in April, I think.

Your DXLPB firmware, for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, which came out last week is not compatible with that CF-Root kernel I'm afraid.

I have just done a quick Google and cannot find a CF-Root kernel for DXLPB as yet.

The nearest that I can come up with is the DXLP9 CF-Root kernel which may work as it is close.

Since you have already got your stock DXLPB firmware which you have, correctly, flashed already, to get you out of trouble... you could try that kernel and see if you can get root with it.

If not, you will have to sit tight until there is a CF-Root kernel for the DXLPB or you could try this method, here.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS