Thread: Support Beats audio discussion
View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
kbp08tls

Device(s): EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
I don't really care for the beats eq. It just boosts low and high ends a bit. Right now I'm experimenting with Power Amp, but not sure I like it. Everytime i plug in my headphones it turns on my music even if i'm trying to listen to something else. i think the beats makes the music muddier. I'm still trying to figure out what DAC (digital to analog converter) the Ltevo has. It seems nobody knows. The Samsungs have a wolfson DAC which is highly praised by audiophiles. I have some nice earphones which sound pretty good on the Ltevo though.
I thought only the international version of the S3 had the Wolfson, while the US version has the exact same one as the EVO, the one built in to the chipset both phones have. I've seen too many speculative and conflicting reports to be sure on that though.

You can turn off autoplay in PowerAmp (I hate it as well). Menu -> Settings -> Headset, uncheck Resume on Headset Connect.
Another issue I had with PowerAmp was some flakiness with volume control and distortion when getting a notification while playing music. If you have that issue too, go to Menu -> Settings -> Audio -> Advanced and uncheck Direct Volume Control. You'll have to turn the Gain up after doing this to get back to normal volume.

As far as Beats itself goes, it's not too bad IMO. Kinda reminds me of the old school "loudness" button. It works well for some genres of music, not so well for others.
The Following User Says Thank You to kbp08tls For This Useful Post:
ironbrewer (July 8th, 2012)