i just registered here to say thank you all for your feedback, been lurking
, and thought to share with you what i've noticed as 'new' in this latest firmware ...
here's a list of changes i've noticed after upgrading today (non-branded Int'l S3)
- in the camera, there's a magic wand with a total of 11 FX (many are similar to the ones existing in the stock photo editing software)
- when recording a video, you can now apply above FX as you record!
- once you start recording, the icon for the video recording shows a 'stop' overlay, which helps as it was confusing earlier (it was a static red round button irrespective recording or not)
- i've noticed that the camera applications exits automatically if left idle (~1 minute idle time)
- camera shortcut from lock screen seems to open faster
- camera voice action icon changes, now shows as a mic
- click and hold the power button to show 3 different sound modes (mute, vibrate and normal), you can switch between those by clicking the volume button or simply click on one which will then close this screen
- a new AllShare Cast widget
- as some of users reported, my video thumbnails no longer animate, they are all static (weirdly though, except for the video sample that came with phone!)
**just noticed a 'bubbles' live wallpaper, not sure if this is new, i never noticed it before