Thread: General [Int'l version] OTA update
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #82 (permalink)
matttye

Device(s): Apple iPhone 5 64GB (iOS 6.0.1), Apple iPad 2 16GB (iOS 6.0.1), Nexus 7 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by battoosh View Post
Hi All,
i just registered here to say thank you all for your feedback, been lurking , and thought to share with you what i've noticed as 'new' in this latest firmware ...

here's a list of changes i've noticed after upgrading today (non-branded Int'l S3)
- in the camera, there's a magic wand with a total of 11 FX (many are similar to the ones existing in the stock photo editing software)

- when recording a video, you can now apply above FX as you record!

- once you start recording, the icon for the video recording shows a 'stop' overlay, which helps as it was confusing earlier (it was a static red round button irrespective recording or not)

- i've noticed that the camera applications exits automatically if left idle (~1 minute idle time)

- camera shortcut from lock screen seems to open faster

- camera voice action icon changes, now shows as a mic

- click and hold the power button to show 3 different sound modes (mute, vibrate and normal), you can switch between those by clicking the volume button or simply click on one which will then close this screen

- a new AllShare Cast widget

- as some of users reported, my video thumbnails no longer animate, they are all static (weirdly though, except for the video sample that came with phone!)

**just noticed a 'bubbles' live wallpaper, not sure if this is new, i never noticed it before
+ these:

1. The icon for no notifications has changed.
2. Samsung ChatON service is installed.
3. There's an allshare cast options menu under settings > wireless & networks > more > allshare cast.