View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
dlee1001
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
"Do any of you have the same problems?"
Not me. I'm on stock ROM, Froyo, never went to GB. Rarely have a problem with my connection when using home wi-fi router. Connection is somewhat spotty when on the road using my data connection.

Battery tends to get hot if I'm doing things that make it hot (charging while doing other intensive activities like GPS or long video streaming), but certainly it's manageable.

With proper attention to settings, my battery drain is maybe 1%/hr while idle. Can hit 20-30% per hour when doing heavy duty stuff. All very manageable for me.

I think timing and marketing factors quickly drove Infuse into the rear view mirror. But I don't think it was related to any performance problems
Let me cite two examples where the Infuse is never listed in Internet articles:

Android 4.0 upgrade list: Is your device getting Ice Cream Sandwich? | Computerworld Blogs, and Samsung Galaxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The first site does not even list the Infuse in the "Iffy" section. The Wikipedia article does not list the Infuse in its Galaxy series article. See for yourself.

Where does that put this phone?

My phone gets extremely hot when I browse the Internet. I use Dolphin HD. When browsing while plugged in, the battery temperature goes to a maximum of 134°F; when unplugged, it's still hot, about 113°. The phone itself would obviously be extremely hot too. Not to mention daily freezes that require reboots, sometimes occurring up to 3 times a day. I'm using the official Gingerbread update that AT&T released in April.

Needless to say, I'm waiting for my upgrade date so I can ditch this phone and get the Galaxy S3. Until then, I have to put up with this phone.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can reduce the crazy overheating issues.
Last edited by dlee1001; July 8th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.