View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #120 (permalink)
CmdrBond

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini, (SGS3, SGS3 mini, SG Nexus, Sony Xperia X10 mini)
Carrier: Three UK

Send a message via ICQ to CmdrBond Send a message via Skype™ to CmdrBond

OK - re the TouchWiz bashing.

I too am not the greatest fan of TW - Not a great fan of HTC Sense either for that matter (although my bro is). My first Android phone was the Nexus S - having moved from Symbian. Anyway, I digress.

For all of those people who are slating TW on the SIII based on their experience with the SII or Note, please remember that the SII and Note are running TW 4.0 or 4.5. The SIII is running TW 5.0 (or TW Nature UX to give it its full name).

Here is a review on TechGuy$martBuy: HTC's Sense 4 Vs. Samsung's TouchWiz Nature UX, Who's The Better Skin?

And I find my self agreeing with him - on the face of it Sense does look nicer in places - with its task manager and home screen &c. But, and it is a big but, accessibility, usability and fluidity are more important to me than eye-candy, and it would seem on the face of it at least, this is where TW wins.

The only real question is what happens when it goes up against JellyBean and Project Butter.

For those of you with a rooted SII, Note - or even a Gnex - you can try out TW5 for yourself: Samsung’s Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Ported To Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2 and… (Gasp) Galaxy Nexus