View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #121 (permalink)
CmdrBond

Device(s): Sony Xperia X10 mini, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy SIII mini
Carrier: Three UK

Send a message via ICQ to CmdrBond Send a message via Skype™ to CmdrBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpa4 View Post
I'd "think" the SIII would be better at multi tasking since it has 2gb of ram vs. the 1gb the HOX has. Someone can chime in and verify the HOX is 1GB ram.
ONLY the US/Can LTE version (with the dual core Krait) has 2GB - The international quad core version only has 1GB.

As I see it, the Exynos Quad beats the Tegra Quad (despite being an A9 architecture).

the Exynos Quad also seems roughly equal to the Krait Dual in some areas due to the Krait using the smaller more efficient A15 Arcitecture.

International Versions

Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X
CPU: Exynos 4212 Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 vs Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad-core 1.5 GHz
GPU: Mali-400MP vs ULP GeForce
RAM: 1GB vs 1GB

The slower clock speed CPU of the Exynos is better than the Tegra 3, Also the Mali-400MP is superior to the ULP GeForce.

So as far as the international versions go, I would say the SIII definitely has the edge.

LTE versions (USA/Canada)

Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X
CPU: Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait vs Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
GPU: Adreno 225 vs Adreno 225
RAM: 2GB vs 1GB

The LTE versions share the same hardware base, so only the extra RAM and software tweaks are likely to make the difference here. With reports of the One X being laggy at times, I would have to say that the SIII has a slight advantage here. Maybe not as great as the international version though.

Please note that the above comments are pure speculation based on the information available on the internet. I believe my synopsis is fair based on this information - but cannot guarantee its accuracy.