Thread: Support Beats audio discussion
View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #36 (permalink)
klipsch

Device(s): HTC EVO 4GLTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Not for nothing...but we're talking about a phone, not a dedicated audio player, for starters. Unless you've got the downstream hardware (headphones or speakers) that are capable of accurately reproducing the recorded media, you wouldn't hear much difference anyway. AND...as far as the "media" being played...most of the time it's not any Vinyl or CD quality to begin with.

I've been using this phone with an external speaker (Goal Zero Rock Out), for the past few weeks while hanging out in the sun. I've thought it sounded pretty good, and always made sure that the beats audio was selected as the sound enhancement. After reading all of the above...I decided to finally pull out my Shure SCL5's (professional monitors) and check out the sound quality more closely. As everybody stated...the beats audio is just a setting. And to be honest...after comparing it to the other Sound Enhancement settings available on the Music Player...it's not even my top choice. There are very minuet differences between each...but I think I actually prefer the Sweetener, Live or Classical settings over the beats. But...it is a very good sounding enhancement. Many folks are going to be using an iPod as their default music player, so that's the only music quality they'll be comparing too. iPod's aren't the players that people make them out to be, unless it's the original type and it's been sent out to be modified for a couple of hundred bucks. I can say, that the sound quality coming out of the EVO LTE is as good as MP3 players I've heard (remember...it's a phone). Though I haven't compared it A/B to my older COWON D2 (I chose over an iPod)...which in reality is only as good sounding as the EQ settings I'm using.

I do consider myself a quasi audiophile and musician... = )
Last edited by klipsch; July 9th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klipsch For This Useful Post:
Colby (August 26th, 2012), kbp08tls (July 9th, 2012)