View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Smvallee
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default How to delete a secondary GMAIL account

Hi chaps. Thanks for reading!

I own an ATRIX phone UNrooted, with Gingerbread 2.3.6 and system version 45.2.49.MB860.Personal.en.AR.

I purchased the phone last year, and updated to Gingerbread early this year.

On the phone I have a number of eMail accounts. My job one (just to have the calendar, since I also have a BlackBerry to handle work-specific mails and stuff), my personal eMail one (the ISP default account I've been using for years), and a gmail account I've opened just to handle the contact list and GooglePlay stuff. It also syncs my mails, but I seldom get any mail from this account.

Last week I was showing my phone and added a second gmail account to explain how to do it... BIG mistake. Now I cannot delete it. These are the things I tried:
1) Go to settings>accounts: I have 4 "motoblur" accounts (the main GMail one, the corporate sync one, my personal eMail one and the Facebook one) and 6 "other" accounts (Dropbox, LinkedIn, Google -same address as on the motoblur up there-, facebook -yes, again-, twitter and whatsapp).

I have not tried to delete the "Google" under Other accounts, since it refers to the same account I use for GooglePlay and my contact list.

2) Master reset erasing all my internal memory and SD card contents (bye bye my angry birds record!!). Once I entered the main gMail account data after rebooting.. BOTH GMAILS appeared on my "messaging" icon.

3) went to applications>manage applications and deleting the cache and data for GMail with no success at all. When I go to "all" apps on the same menu I also find the "Email", "Email authenticator" and "Email Engine" apps... ¿Should I erase something under these apps too?

Is there anything missing... after rebooting it seems that the second eMail data is not stored on the phone but on gMail or MotoBlur "clouds", but these seem unreachable for me.

¿Suggestions?

Thanks again for reaching the end of the message.