View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #37 (permalink)
BeanoFTW

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

So I google searched "Evo shift 4G Hardware Version" and this thread came up on top. Since I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time, I figured I'd register and reply. I'm bringing this forum back from the dead (yet again). My apologies to those that it frustrates (lol).

I have owned an Evo Shift 4G with a hardware version of 0006. Hardware versions 0005 and 0006 do exist as of January 2012, when I purchased and upgraded to my Evo Shift. My brother owns the exact same phone and he has an 0005 model.

Unfortunately, I dropped my phone onto some pavement while pulling it out and had it replaced under the Sprint insurance with a refurb model (it's an 0004 version).

I can notice some differences that I figured I'd share to those that might care at all. The vibrating feedback in the 0004 model is much stronger and louder than the 0006 and 0005 models. I also remember the speaker in the 0006 model being a bit louder too, but I've also unlocked this phone and are using a different ROM (I rooted the stock ROM on the 0006 with the htcdev unlocked bootloader but did not flash any ROMS onto it).

Just figured I'd share the differences that I noticed.
The Following User Says Thank You to BeanoFTW For This Useful Post:
ocnbrze (July 11th, 2012)