View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #48 (permalink)
EDTIVA

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Try the SSID split I posted, let me know your results. So far it has been good here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
This is exactly the issue I am experiencing with my VZW GS3 connected to my home Apple Airport Extreme. None of my previous phones (iOS and Android) had this problem, but the S3 is having it intermittently. After not using my phone for a while, I'll turn the screen on and have no data connection. However, it still shows it is connected to my WIFI, but no data will go through. If I go into WIFI settings and try to re-connect, it will not do it. Simply turning off WIFI and turning it back on corrects the problem immediately (it will re-connect to my WIFI automatically after doing this). I mostly notice this after checking my phone first thing in the morning after waking up. If I don't have my phone plugged into the wall charger, my phone will lose a lot more battery because it is on the 4G network instead of WIFI (even though it shows I'm still on WIFI).

So far, it hasn't been a major issue for me, but definitely one that needs to be addressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to EDTIVA For This Useful Post:
Travisimo (July 14th, 2012)