View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
ec34500
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
So set up your Straight Talk account a few days early, maybe Sunday before you leave. Since the Straight Talk account isn't phone dependent but, instead, is tied to the SIM card, you should be able to get the account started without having the phone. Then start the process to get the number ported.

This way you can have things taken care of before you leave, get the VM number ported over without have to worry about a new month, and when you arrive home you'll just have to put the SIM card in the phone to have it up and running with you current number.
wow thats a great idea!! So i can actually switch over my number with just having the sim card and not having the phone yet?? That's great! and then when I get back I can just pop the sim into the phone and everything will be okay? Cause idc if I'm out of a phone for a few days id rather save $30

EDIT: or even can I see if anyone has an old GSM phone they're not using and use that for the trip until I get back with my new phone? Will it work to just switch over the sim card over like that? I wont need to reactivate do i?
Last edited by ec34500; July 14th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.