Thread: Support No Gmail Sync?
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Scur

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via MSN to Scur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider1 View Post
I bought the X2 two weeks ago. "My Account" App keeps shutting down, n I cant get G Mail Sync without it running. I Dont Want To Do A RESET! Plz Help! Thx in Advance.
My Accounts app? You mean when you go into Settings > Accounts And Sync it force closes? This happens on a stock Droid X2? Sounds like a rather odd software glitch. Personally, I would backup everything and use RSD Lite to flash the phone back to fresh stock again. But if you don't want to do something like that take it back to your carrier and show them. They'll either flash it for you or replace it.

Sorry for the late response, for some reason this thread didn't get marked as a new post on my Tapatalk.

edit: OH! This thread is a year old. And you've never been able to get your accounts working? I would definitely use MyBackup to save all your texts, recent calls, contacts, etc. and probably root using Pete's Root Tools to be able to use an app manager to backup the apps with data (user apps only). Reflash the phone to original stock 2.3.4, restore your MyBackup data, use Pete's to root and restore apps with your app manager, then unroot with Pete's, and update the phone as you wish. This is all assuming you aren't rooted.
Last edited by Scur; July 15th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scur For This Useful Post:
Lowrider1 (July 16th, 2012)