View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #48 (permalink)
cwhatever
Life Goes On
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): galaxy s3 rooted on wicked or carbon, galaxy prevail ctmod 3.8 ssm(mp3 player)
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
Full strength what?

A lot of scientific tests have been done about mosquito repellents, and the long-time and still champion is DEET. Some other chemicals work well enough to consider. None of the folk remedies, including citronella work well enough to be practical.

There's another problem with dryer sheets. The perfumes they put in them attract stinging insects like bees and wasps. I don't want to get stung by a wasp even if it does keep mosquitoes away!
here in fla mosquitoes come out at night and the bees are gone home. way too hot here for them to be out in daytime. i know the US is having a heat wave but it is like that here from may to oct all the time every year. so if your having mosquito problems during the day then stick to deet, nobody's twisting your arm, LOL!!

also i have a friend that lives down near the everglades and when he mows he has long pants with elastics around ankles, long sleeve shirt, a bee hat with screen around neck, gloves,ect... and they have a second house here in south central fla, and they come up here to be outside. he said that nothing workks down there. he says you just don't go out at all.
Site-Rules/Guidelines
Last edited by cwhatever; July 15th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.