View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #338 (permalink)
cputrdoc

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I'm here because my Droid Incredible has been insisting on downloading and installing the latest software build, almost to the point of paralyzing the phone. However when I try to install the update normally, it fails to reboot and install the upgrade. After talking to Verizon today, they said this is a common issue for rooted phones. The tech recommended unrooting the phone, performing the upgrade, and then I can root it again or whatever I want.

The phone is s-off, and I was hoping that by running the RUU everything would be fine, but though RUU seems to have run perfectly I'm still unable to install the update. I guess being unrooted is not enough.

So I guess I do need to be s-on, but in order to get there I have to re-root the phone, install CWM, and load the s-on zip. I've got software build 4.08.605.2 installed, and baseband (radio) 2.15.00.07.28 (the Froyo radio required to do s-on). UnrEVOked 3.34 is unable to root the phone, and suggests my firmware may be too new (wasn't s-off supposed to address this?)