View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #804 (permalink)
bobby2478

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth (I think)

Sprint Community: Announcements: HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO Design Customers to get Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich Update

"The wait is almost over for HTC EVO™ 3D and HTC EVO Design 4G™ customers! The Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, update will begin rolling out to users by early August. Stay tuned for exact dates.

When your device is eligible for the update, it will notify you to download. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Installation will take a few minutes, and your device will be disabled during the installation process. It will be ready to use when the process is complete."
Sprint, Ha! "will begin rolling out by early August". As someone else said, I'll believe it when I see it at this point. That is precisely what I suspected would be the case, but then again I'm somewhat of a pessimist (realist).

+1 on this being a nice June/July update. Not to mention it's already 7+ months late to start with. Don't be shocked if this thing doesn't roll out until the end of August, only to hear it got pushed out until early September lol.

This should make it apparent Sprint is focused on the LTE rollout and they just don't care much about the 3D, otherwise this would have been done MUCH sooner.