View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #814 (permalink)
Corpse11

Device(s): EVO3D
Carrier: Not Provided

When I was at the Sprint today (not getting my phone fixed, cuz it took them two days to figure out that I just needed a new battery and have to wait till thursday to get one)...I talked to one of the techs about the update, and he also confirmed what some other people have said here.

He said they get multiple emails DAILY trying to push them to get people to buy LTE phones, and to try and get people to give up on WiMax phones.(Sprint doesn't want to deal with WiMax related phones anymore once LTE has been released to 50%+ of the market) When I took my 3D to get repaired, they tried talking me into using my upgrade to buy an SIII or EVOLTE instead of using insurance to have my phone looked at. Also, that the VM version of our phone with ICS has had alot of bugs of problems with apps and native programs that both Sprint and VM are putting into the phone. Sprint knows if they released this to us (contract customers) they would have alot of headaches and problems, so they are trying to eliminate any kind of bugs or issues; as they want this to be the LAST AND FINAL update our phone will ever see...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corpse11 For This Useful Post:
bobby2478 (July 24th, 2012), GekkoBlue (July 31st, 2012), novox77 (July 18th, 2012)