View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
varaonaid
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Rezound, ASUS Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New Customer - Please Advise

We recently switched from Vzw to Sprint for a number of reasons but we're having a lot of trouble with the service and need advice. We're just over 1/2 through our 14 day trial.

We live in an area with the strongest Sprint signal all over both for voice and data. We checked carefully before switching and so did Sprint's customer service. However, we're having tons of problems with the service! We don't receive calls, we can't make calls, the phones switch to roaming for both voice and data. I can't get my Google Voice messages because ??? but the little icon just keeps spinning (on my still active VZW phone, I had no problems). I've looked up on the Network Vision website on Sprint.com and all of our towers are getting speed upgraded within the next 6 months and some will be voice and other upgrades as well. I've consistently checked the radio/antenna signal strength and it seems fairly decent and when I've been able to check it our Samsung Galaxy S3's pull slightly better reception by the numbers than the HTC Evo 4G LTE. Customer service couldn't figure out the problem after having me go through some troubleshooting with our phones and then said we'd need to take them to our local repair center for them to troubleshoot. We drove the 30 min to get there only to find out that the SGS3 is too new and not available to be put in the "Slate" program to see what, if anything is going wrong.

Please, please any advice as to what to do would be wonderful. We don't have a corporate store nearby so only can do phone or online sales/support. We really want this to work with Sprint, we really do. But we shouldn't be roaming on both voice and data in areas where Sprint has their strongest coverage and missing calls like this, being unable to get messages is not acceptable.

Anything you could recommend would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much in advance!