View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trevstan

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Samsung Galaxy S2 - Charging paused. Voltage too high

Hi all first post but this seemed a nice forum to ask some questions.

About 2 weeks ago my phone developed a fault as in where it thought the charger was getting plugged in and pulled out (was making the beep noise) so i cleaned out the usb port and it disappeared for about a week.

For the last week it came back so thought i would upgrade to ICS to see if that helped, seems to have made it worse as Charging paused. Voltage too high is popping up everytime battery is draining very quickly.

I have read about on many fourms (Including these) and i have read that it is a USB port fault and it needs replaced.

The question i have is the phone is less that 6 month old and i got it from Phones4u i have read that if i send to Phones4u they is a good chance that they will tell me it has been water damaged... I could also send it direct to Samsung (Has anyone had any dealing with Samsung direct? Do they supply postage for the phone etc?)

Or i could try and repair it myself since i think i know the problem is the USB port, however would that void any warranty that is on the device?

Any input would be great as atm i am having to us a Motorola Razr .

Thanks Trev.