View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,793 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Hi Trev welcome to AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevstan View Post
Hi all first post but this seemed a nice forum to ask some questions.

About 2 weeks ago my phone developed a fault as in where it thought the charger was getting plugged in and pulled out (was making the beep noise) so i cleaned out the usb port and it disappeared for about a week.

For the last week it came back so thought i would upgrade to ICS to see if that helped, seems to have made it worse as Charging paused. Voltage too high is popping up everytime battery is draining very quickly.

I have read about on many fourms (Including these) and i have read that it is a USB port fault and it needs replaced.

The question i have is the phone is less that 6 month old and i got it from Phones4u i have read that if i send to Phones4u they is a good chance that they will tell me it has been water damaged...
Do you think it might have been water damaged? Suggest you check the moisture indicators. Should be one on the back of the phone under the battery, and one on the battery itself with Samsung phones. They're usually a small white square or circle. If they're white, Phones4U should not tell you that it's water damaged. On the other hand if they're pink or red coloured, the phone is water/liquid damaged and the warranty is void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevstan View Post
I could also send it direct to Samsung (Has anyone had any dealing with Samsung direct? Do they supply postage for the phone etc?)

Or i could try and repair it myself since i think i know the problem is the USB port, however would that void any warranty that is on the device?

Any input would be great as atm i am having to us a Motorola Razr .

Thanks Trev.
I've had no experience of either dealing with Phones4U or Samsung regarding warranty claims. However I would suggest you take it up with Phones4U first, as they supplied the phone. I wouldn't try doing it yourself just yet, not unless the warranty is void and you basically have nothing to lose then.

It might not be the USB port, could even be a faulty battery. Maybe a dead or shorted cell, you did say it's draining very quickly.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; July 19th, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikedt For This Useful Post:
Trevstan (July 19th, 2012)