I just went to the darkside and I hate to say this but it fixed a lot of the problems that I was having. I think it pretty much boiled down to multitasking. I am bumbed to find the camera doesn't work out of the box as well as the HOX though. I might have to mess with it some more but so far the HOX takes better (less blurry) images than the S3.
1) Bluetooth is working without having to turn it off and back on (its a pain when you have to mess it constantly) when syncing to my head deck in the car.
2) When I get a notification or call my AmazonMP3 app stops and STARTS back up after the other function is done. About 80% of the time with the HOX I had to restart the app and start the song OVER again..... Sometimes I would listen to the same song 3 - 4 times while driving to work
3) Its early still but I can honestly say I'm not seeing the lag between home screen like I did with the HOX. Using the same live wallpaper and widgets...
4) Easier to handle imho. The power button, volume, and cap buttons seem more responsive or at least easier to use/locate.
5) The options are endless! A lot more tweaks than I imagined.
6) Very responsive and the scrolling through screens and apps is lightening fast compared to my HOX. It always felt like there was a drag with the HOX scrolling...
7) Notification light is MUCH brighter
The Not so good:
1) I miss the HOX screen in daylight already... The S3 screen is nice don't get me wrong but HTC did an AMAZING job on that screen.
2) The overall software feel is still cartoony to me. The little things like notification icons, quick buttons, setting screens, and so on. They are really easy to read but seem.... well not refined.
3) Overall aesthetic look is nowhere near the HOX although it looks a lot better in person than in pictures. I can hold its own but not next to the HOX imho.
4) As mentioned the camera seems to be a bit fuzzy (Although it may be because the screen isn't as nice) and the software is nowhere near as polished.
Overall I feel I made the right decision for my needs and the way I use a device but I think a marriage of the 2 devices would be the ultimate experience. When I pick the S3 up it feels solid but very light weight. On the other hand my HOX was making that creaking noise and it was starting to worry me. I honestly feel like I can man handle the S3 where I was babying the HOX. Time will tell but so far Im very happy with the S3 and don't feel myself saying "Man I miss ________ "