View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Wilkas

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Three UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
Personally I don't miss Waters one bit. I don't care for much of his contributions after Wish You Were Here, and find it hard to forgive his behavior before he left the group.

I got to see David Gilmour on tour supporting his first two solo albums, and got to see Pink Floyd in four separate venues in 1986. I saw them live one last time at RFK Stadium in DC in 1994. That tour couldn't hold a candle to the Momentary Lapse tour, though.

My deepest regret was missing Gilmour's last tour with Rick Wright, right before he passed away. Wright was by far the second biggest contributor to the group's music, and a peerless musician in general. I think his "Wet Dream" album is as fresh today as it was back in 1978 when I first heard it.
You don't like Animals, the Wall or Final Cut? He practically wrote all 3 on his own. His solo albums are amazing too, different to Floyd but Amused to Death is as good as anything by Floyd, most of which he wrote. I love all the members of Floyd but Waters was without a doubt the largest contributor Lyrically and Musically... he was a control freak and probably not a nice guy to work with but that made Floyd the monster they were.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilkas For This Useful Post:
64MarcoV (November 3rd, 2013)