View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
frenchy714

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (rooted), Nexus 7 (rooted)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,129 Posts
rfrenchtsrta@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by syldietsch View Post
img file is what was on the TWRP site. I'm sure I have, just don't remember how. I can look it up unless you can take a minute.
No problem. It's easy enough to explain.

1. First you wanna dl fastboot (if you haven't already), here's the link.

2. Extract the Fastboot.zip file to the C:\ drive on your computer to get a folder named Fastboot with four files inside it.

3. Copy the .img file downloaded (TWRP 2.2.0) to the Fastboot folder on C drive. You should have 5 files in the Fastboot folder now.

4. Enter fastboot mode. To do this, turn off the phone, then press and hold the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Then connect your phone to the computer once you are in fastboot mode.

5. Open Command Prompt on your computer from Start All Programs Accessories.

6. Now, type the following commands in command prompt, pressing Enter after each command (check screenshot for reference).

1. cd c:\Fastboot

2. fastboot devices (this is to ensure the phone gets
detected. A string of numbers and letters should
appear if the phone is properly detected, as shown in
screenshot below. Else, make sure the phone drivers
are properly installed)

7. Now, in the same command prompt window, type the following command, replacing the _____ with the name of the file you downloaded, and press Enter to flash TWRP recovery:
fastboot flash recovery _______.img

8. TWRP recovery will be flashed. After it finishes, type fastboot reboot in the command prompt window to reboot your phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frenchy714 For This Useful Post:
9to5cynic (July 22nd, 2012), AARONONE (July 22nd, 2012), An UrgeTo Dance (July 22nd, 2012), slyd (July 22nd, 2012)