View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:16 AM   #134 (permalink)
Spaceprobe

Device(s): Lg G3, Nexus 7 - 16gb
Carrier: EE

I wrote to HTC to ask if we were getting the update or not and received this reply this morning:

Thank you for your email regarding your HTC Desire HD.

My name is David and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I understand that you wish to enquire if and when the Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) update will be made available for your phone.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet received this update Robert. HTC has scheduled to begin rolling this update for the HTC Desire HD in July/ August. However, I do apologise but no specific date has been set as yet. This update will be rolled out from a central update server on a queue basis. When this update is made available for your phone, it will be sent to your phone automatically over the air (OTA).

In that case Robert, I would indulge your patience until this update is made available for your phone. I do apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

To let me know I have successfully answered your query, please follow the link below to close your enquiry, you will have the opportunity to leave feedback about your experience contacting me today.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

David

HTC