View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Daz71
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 7 Tablet 8Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihf View Post
Can anyone with a Nexus 7 confirm that the external mic on a headset/mic actually works. I have received 2 Nexus 7 tablets and it did not work on either. I need one positive confirmation before I will know for sure that this ought to work. If you do test it, please remember to tap the external mic or speak directly into it as otherwise you may just be picking up audio from the internal mic. FWIW, the Quick Start doc that comes with the unit describes the port as a headset jack, not a headset/mic jack but of course that doesn't prove anything.
Despite being the person to start this thread I hadn't tried using the microphone yet. On testing it appears that the in line mic does not work. Scratch test suggests that it's just the mic on the top that works. I have read that USB OTG will support certain audio devices, whether this will be only for speakers I don't know. Once my USB cable comes through I'll test with my Plantronics headset.

I'm a little disappointed that the in line mic is not supported but it's still a fantastic tablet.