View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #17903 (permalink)
ajdroidx

Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,075 Times in 626 Posts

Hey all.
I seriously need some advice here. I am really at my wits end with this nexus issue and the constant data issues. Seems the more I want to do something, the more issues I have with my connection. The Galaxy Note (AT&T) my mom has, does a way better job then my phone does, at least at work, where I tend to play around with things. I have started to suspect that the radio in the phone sucks (it was a refurb) the network sucks (reading that link a couple pages back confirms this) and I live in a fringe area. The constant issues with the data, I am to the point I can't deal with it any more.

Verizon has got me over a barrel here, unlimited data + unlimited tethering. I got about 5 more months before my contract is us. I tried out a razr maxx and it had issues with my wifi network draining the battery while I slept.

AT&T seems like the better network in my area where I work and live, but no 4g, but HSPA is pretty good. I could by another nexus and use that, but I really don't want a second line, nor do I want to change my phone number for everyone and everything.

I really don't know what to do....

Most people run from storms, I run to them (back by popular request )
Flickr Gallery