View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
red97xj

Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
I ran into something like this once for an app that was installed via GetJar (for free) and I later wanted to install it via the Play Store. I think the following might work:
  1. Open the app page in the Play Store in Chrome on your desktop. If you don't have/use Chrome, other browsers probably have similar functionality, but I can't tell you exactly how to do it in anything other than Chrome.
  2. Right-click on the Installed button near the top of the app listing and select "Inspect Element"
  3. A few lines above the highlighted line in the element inspector you should see something that says data-ispurchased="true". Double-click on true and change it to false and hit enter.
  4. Close the element inspector and click on the same Installed button that you right-clicked on earlier. It should proceed as if it's not currently installed on your device.
Does this make it so I can put it on my homescreen? Right now I have to slide over a screen to the search bar widget, tap mic, then say, "map pizza" or whatever.

Thanks!