View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Satires

Device(s): Two droid bionics
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to Satires

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Exactly. If you can format the SDCard on your computer, you can copy the date from the card to the computer and from the computer back to the new card without using your phone.

Transferring over wireless will be slower than direct physical transfer. For someone upgrading a 16 GB SDCard to a 32 GB SDCard, it's a pretty good bet that they have a god bit of data that needs transferring.

Glad you got it all working, WK.
Windows has always had a way of corrupting some of my mp3's and ubuntu linix is slow.

Wireless was my only option because I have close to 30 gigs of music. Maybe it's just my computers, but transferring gigs of music for me is like pulling teeth.

This also happend on another newer xp I had.

This is just my personal experience. Maybe people only have a gig or two of music, which I could get away with, doing it wirelessly (Just in my personal experience) really wasn't that much slower and my files never got corrupted using the wireless method. The trick was, only moving between 50 and a hundred songs at a time.
If for any reason you wish NOT to upgrade to ics or jb (When it comes out, see this thread. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/637553-guide-how-block-upgrades-updates-motorola-bionic.html