View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
wildkitten
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; Droid Bionic (retired, now a GPS); Asus TF300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Exactly. If you can format the SDCard on your computer, you can copy the date from the card to the computer and from the computer back to the new card without using your phone.

Transferring over wireless will be slower than direct physical transfer. For someone upgrading a 16 GB SDCard to a 32 GB SDCard, it's a pretty good bet that they have a god bit of data that needs transferring.

Glad you got it all working, WK.
Yeah, it was actually quite humdrum actually. Of course I've been acking up a LOT of data cause I'm currently building a new tower.

What amazes me is how much faster the USB on my laptop is than on my current desktop. I guess the fact that I use the desktop case's front USB ports make the difference.

Of course my new tower will have USB 3, yay, so I expect MUCH faster performance.

And since the Bionic will take a 64GB card, I will have to keep an eye out for sales. Of course I got the 32GB for free off Newegg so no complaints and holds sooooo much more music and videos over the 16GB that came with it. And the 32GB is class 6 and seems much snappier than the class 4 that the 16GB is.