View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #57 (permalink)
Aravindan

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Aircel

Sad Moving apps to sdcard

Hi Guys,

I don't see a "move to SD card" option withing Application manager in my Galaxy S3 and I've seen in few forums that this feature is actually not available in Galaxy S3

I have games including Dark Knight, Asphalt 6&7, Nova 2&3, Shadowgun, Deadspace and Backstab. This apps alone nearly take up 14+ GB in my internal storage. With the other productivity apps installed, I've literally run out of space in the internal storage !

One of the main reasons for me to get S3 after using Galaxy S-i9000 for more than 1.5 years was gaming. S1 used to lag a lot in-spite of rooting and optimization... and S3 is just blazing through.... BUT for this issue of inability to move apps to SD card.

I really don't understand why Samsung does one or 2 actions which undermine their otherwise masterpiece hardware.... The issue with Galaxy S i9000 was the 'ext4 format' issue and the S3 has got the 'apps to sd' issue..

As it stands today, I don't see any option for solving this issue unless I install a custom ROM, which I don't want to do at the time being....

Any other software solution possible ????
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2012-07-30-10-50-53.png (66.7 KB, 39 views)