View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Adar

Device(s): HTC One, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Did the update, and everything appeared to go smoothly, except for one thing. I can no longer open my text messages. I can open the list, and it shows all the threads, but I can't open any of the threads to view the actual messages. It just sits on the screen saying "Loading". At first I thought it was just the particular thread I was opening had too many messages, so I tried opening one from someone who has only sent me a couple of messages, and it won't open those either. I'm really hoping I don't have to wipe out all of my text messages to get this to work. I mean, I guess it isn't THAT big an issue. I did back them up through MyBackup Pro prior to the upgrade, but still, it is annoying.

Other than text messages, everything else seems to be working. By default, I had been using SPB Shell, but for now, I have switched back to Sense until I know everything is working. Would rather not introduce more variables than I need to.

Also, everything on my phone seems to be slower than before the update. I am not too worried about that one yet. I assume there is still going to be a lot of background cleanup stuff going on, and caching etc. Have to go run all of the new updates for my apps also. Was just curious if anyone had run into problems with the stock text message app after the upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adar For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (July 31st, 2012)