View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:46 PM   #818 (permalink)
AnfieldRiot

Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsutton1 View Post
I just left a message on HTC's facebook page..

"I'm a current HTC Rezound owner. When you first released the Rezound with Verizon, you stated that Ice Cream Sandwich update for Android would be available in "early 2012." Just recently, you stated that it would be available by June/July. It's past early 2012 and it is July 31. Where is the ICS update? I would like a straight answer."
I know that came out a little harsh but I'm sick of their games.

Their response:

HTC "Hey, Ben. We were shooting for a June-July update window but that was just our target date range and it was always possible that it could change and we spelled that out at the time. Updates are complicated and there are many twists and turns in that process. We apologize for any confusion and we're working as hard as we can on bringing it to you as quick as we can. Thanks for all of your patience."
I have to say I feel a little bad for HTC, they've proven numerous times before that they will go the extra mile for their customers. All of the signs of accountability seem to point towards Verizon.

Although not getting ICS is going to frustrate a lot of us, a simple "hey we're sorry and the reasons for the delays are xxxx but we are working on a release for date xxxx" would go a long way instead of just going the silent route.

Paying this month's bill to Big Red is going to have an extra sting to it.