View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotitans View Post
Well I am fairly certain that the latest update is what caused it. But my first instance of it didnt occur til a couple days after.

I'm now just looking for resolution. Do I force them to give me a SIII?(Mind you I have not had any other phone besides HTC in 4 yrs).

Do I look to another carrier? Since you work with Sprint, is the contract voided due to defective devices?

I don't think I or any one else with this issue can wait for Sprint or HTC to finally own up to the problem, and work on an update.
By no means is my opinion official but I have seen no correlation between this error and the update. Myself and several others that are close to me are running the update without issue. When I say I have not seen this as widespread ...we have sold several hundred Evos and seen two come in with the issue, both on the same day, both lived in the same neighborhood. It was confirmed there was a tower out in that neighborhood.

I would have to pull up your account to see what devices would be suitable replacements after you have received 2 defective units. This type of a replacement is not guaranteed, for example if it is a network issue replacing the device isn't going to fix the problem.

I did a quick scan of the web this morning and found the error affecting other devices like the s3 and even more devices dating back beyond 2004.

If you would like to send me your info I am glad to look it up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Ed For This Useful Post:
PattiCakeUS (August 1st, 2012)