View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM   #74 (permalink)
PyroSporker

Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanked 1,105 Times in 606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotitans View Post
Looks like this issue is building up. I don't see why its not becoming a more public issue?
We are an extremely small minority in comparison to the amount of phones sold. I'm not sure what makes you think this is building up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I work for sprint. [I] Haven't really seen a widespread issue on this one. Error 97 is not a new error and it isn't isolated to the Evo. It typically means the phone isn't registering on the network and usually is caused by poor network health or a bad radio.
Yeah, more or less the same suspicion I came to earlier in the thread. You've pretty much confirmed my thoughts. I think it comes down to certain towers. In my case I further suspect that my nearby tower, which I was connected to, was undergoing maintenance (possibly Network Vision upgrades) which booted me from the mobile internet network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotitans View Post
Well I am fairly certain that the latest update is what caused it.
As we have determined earlier in this thread, It most certainly is not isolated to a software version or the recent maintenance update. The events may have been near in time and there could be a slight relation (PRL changes?), but we can't just automatically draw the conclusion.
I've had the problem and I am still pre-update. Not to mention, this error has effected a number of other handsets from a variety of manufacturers in the past (The Evo 4G error some have mentioned but not fully remembered was Error 67 from what I can remember and find by searching).
The Following User Says Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
PattiCakeUS (August 1st, 2012)