View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:57 PM   #18228 (permalink)
Stigy
Some say...

Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
It's what we've ALL been waiting for!

Google Wallet Update Allows You to Add Any Credit or Debit Card – Droid Life

WOO HOOOOOOO

EDIT: More on the great news:

Google Wallet update adds support for all credit cards

If you already have Wallet installed, there is no need to sideload. Just click the link to Play in this article and hit "Installed". It will push the update to your phone. I know, I just did this... and all my cards are now in Wallet!
Oh boy this is amazing. Just loaded and color coded all my credit cards. I hope one day they can detect what kind of card is and display that picture in the app like the screenshots do for the Discover card.

And a great explanation of what is going on here...
Quote:
It's not all quite as rosy as it sounds, however. There was a reason why those other cards weren't supported from day one: competing programs like ISIS. Google hasn't magically made agreements with all of these credit card companies; instead, it has changed the way Wallet works. With the new app, any cards that you use on Google Wallet online (once called Google Checkout) or in the Play store will automatically appear in the app. The credit card data, of course, is stored in Google's servers instead of the secure NFC chip on your phone. When you make a purchase, the merchant doesn't see your credit card information — unless you're using one of Citi's MasterCards — instead, a "virtual" Google Wallet MasterCard is used. With this setup you likely won't see your purchases on your credit card statement from merchants — they'll show up as a Google Wallet charge instead.

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigy For This Useful Post:
ryancmatchett (August 1st, 2012)