View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
PlayfulGod
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, LG Spirit, LG Motion, ZTE Sequent
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 4,888 Times in 2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott240 View Post
OK I have maybe a dumb question. So I understand why you want different roms but is there anything different about having a different recovery. I was just wondering if it looks different or does anything special that my current recovery doesnt do. Its not like I am not gonna download and install it because I have to install and try everything just curious though
Well for starters, if for some reason you fudge everything up and it wont boot to the os normally and you have to use the button combo to boot to recovery to fix it all, well now it will boot out of recovery w/o having to flash the cwm-bootloop-fix.zip.

This one is built specifically for the spectrum, not the Nitro and then hacked to work on the Spectrum. No offense to Neph, he did what he knew how to and it worked.

And yes it looks different thanks to koush n his crew.

Does one have to or need to change recoveries, no, its not a must, just recommended.

And finally, CWM is what got me in here to start with and I promised I would get it built and working right for you all!!! Just took a lil longer than I liked lol

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post:
badrsj (August 2nd, 2012), cac2us (August 1st, 2012), HisDudeness710 (August 9th, 2012), neckchop (August 1st, 2012), scyther2333 (October 29th, 2012)