View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kulstor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default I have a Tablet Problem

I have an all winner a10 type of tablet, I think some call an ly-f1, a cheap chinese tablet with android 4.0.3.

It's been working ok except for about an hour or so ago when I tried to use the usb to micro usb adapter to see if it could access a small external hdd that I have that does work perfectly well with my desktop. It seemed to be ok for a brief bit, Though it wasn't showing the contents of the hdd at all. then it got what looks like locked up or stuck. It is on, and at the usb icon window, and doesn't respond to anything, not even if I press the power button or put something like a needle into the small hole on the side which I guess is the factory reset thing. I opened it up but there is no way to unfasten the battery since the times my desktop gets like this I just need to unplug it and then reboot and it's back to normal. The only thing I can think of is to let the battery run down totally out of power and see if that will do anything to help, or just throw the tablet away. Plus the back of the tablet feels pretty warm, though that could just be since it's been on and running on battery power for the whole time.

Not sure if this is a normal occurrence or not. & I've no other ideas what to do.