View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM   #898 (permalink)
TrooperThorn

Device(s): HTC DROID DNA, Nexus 10, HTC Rezound, HTC DROID Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMortallyWounded View Post
I'm following them to see what else happens. I want to compare it to .10 leak and see if VZW crippled anything. Considering the FCC ruling about the whole hotspot thing, who knows... maybe they unlocked that.

Has anyone tried clearing the Google Services Framework data and/or cache to "force" the OTA?
Yeah I just read up on that and have been trying it myself. I did it over and over again, because many people in both a Nexus forum and a Xoom forum said it took several attempts. Eventually I got to the point where I clicked "Check New" and it would bring up the message that it was checking, but never actually tell me "No new software update available."

This excited me, so I pressed "Check New" again, and this time it wouldn't do anything. I waited a while and then eventually rebooted the phone. When it finished powering up, when I unlocked the screen it popped up with a "No new update available" dialog. Very strange. The strange behavior definitely got my hopes up, but they were quickly dashed.