View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
bfksc

Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhimaster View Post
I have the same apps (in terms of google's and streaming ones like google music/spotify/beyondpod installed on both my Nexus and Nexus7. The "Media" app in battery usage is 50%+ on the Nexus and only 2% on the Nexus7. Has anybody else experienced this? Battery life on my phone has dropped through the floor since jelly bean.
It seems after the update or a factory reset, that Media can be high on battery use for a while, especially if you use Google's backup services. This service is restoring all your old settings, apps, media, etc. so it's busy for a while getting your phone set back up the way it was. After a day or so, Media should slowly drop way down the list, or even fall off the list completely (I haven't seen Media on my list since the first week I installed JB).

Another battery issue still being reported is Exchange - the bug where it eats battery life may be fixed but another issue persists when updating where the account is constantly trying refresh. A factory reset seems to help or deleting the Exchange account and setting it up again in Jelly Bean seems to work too. I don't use Exchange so I can't confirm this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bfksc For This Useful Post:
gandhimaster (August 2nd, 2012)