Thread: OTA Update
View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,228 Times in 4,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosoRaptor View Post
I'm trying to update my wife's totally stock/unrooted Rezound with the instructions Scotty provided here, but when I go to flash the official update .zip file, I get this in the command prompt window:

Not sure what could be causing this.. I'm guessing because I need that small 7 MB update before this update can be applied? Can't think of anything else, except maybe a corrupt download. But that "remote: not allowed" error makes me think it's some sort of permissions or software issue.
im not 100% sure what the 7mb update was that youre refering to,but if youre on 2.01.605.11 then the phone has had all available updates.

assuming by stock,unrooted,you mean stock locked or relocked, then there is an issue with the download.

im unfamiliar with torrents,so im not sure what howardz has posted a link to. it could be an unsigned by htc file,or it could be a corrupt download.

unless howard has some advice on torrents,you might just download from the link in post #21 and see if that works. goo.im should be a pretty fast download.
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; August 2nd, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
PhilosoRaptor (August 2nd, 2012)