Thread: OTA Update
View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
jlb0305

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC Rezound (Retired), HTC Incredible (Retired), Toshiba Thrive, Polaroid tab
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
how long are you giving it? it can sit on that screen for awhile sometimes.
I gave it about 15+mins (it sat there while I was driving home). So your saying it could stay on red triangle for a while then start back up?

Quote:
it also could possibly be a bad download to the phone(one reason im not real fond of OTAs)
Any idea how I could clear it out and download a good copy?

Quote:
**one last bit of info,once the phone as downloaded the OTA and tried to apply it,you are prolly SOL if it failed becasuse of a custom recovery. restoring the stock recovery at this point,usually does not apply the OTA.

I had stock recovery w/ rooted stock. only booted to AmonRA didn't flash it. Any way to remove root w/o flashing the RUU, since I'm on stock?

If it helps error my update is getting is 410 in status after it fails. looking at VZW forums they just suggested doing a data wipe (on non-rooted phones). May try that see if it helps.

Did anyone else have rooted stock (unlocked hboot, didn't flash recovery, rooted factory stock) and have the OTA work fine?