Originally Posted by nashfh
So there I was sitting at my desk with my phone on the charger when all of a sudden it shut itself down and tried to reboot. Now it's stuck in a loop where the white HTC Incredible loads then it shuts down and keeps looping.
I took it to a corporate Verizon store and they tried the manual Hard Reset. It didn't work. Seemed to clear the data but when it started up again the loop continued - Off > white HTC Incredible screen > Off. It just keeps going and going.
After 10 minutes they gave up and said there was no fix. They are sending me a replacement that should arrive in 2-3 business days.
I am so pissed off right now.
Here's the fix:
1. Turn the phone off
2. Take the back off the phone (The antenna are in the back)
3. Remove the battery
4. Remove the SIM card
5. Put the battery back in but leave the back off the phone
6. Start the phone
7. When it loads to the home screen, open the dialer and press *#*#4636#*#*
8. When a new menu appears titled "Testing" tap Phone Information
9. Scroll down where you will see a drop down menu to tap on u nder the words "Set preferred network type:"
10. Select "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto"
11. Once you do that back all the way out to the home screen, shut the phone off, put the back and and start the phone.